The Open Guide to London: the free London guide - Differences between Version 8 and Version 7 of Silverlink North London Line
|Version 8||Version 7|
|== Line 15 ==||== Line 15 ==|
* '''[[Stratford Station|Stratford]]''' - [[Central Line]], [[Jubilee Line]], Anglia trains to [[Liverpool Street Station|Liverpool Street]] and East Anglia, [[DLR]], [[LTS line]], Future Eurostar terminal
* '''[[West Ham Station|West Ham]]''' - [[District Line]], [[Hammersmith And City Line]], [[Jubilee Line]], [[LTS line]]
* '''[[Stratford Station|Stratford]]''' - [[Central Line]], [[Jubilee Line]], Anglia trains to [[Liverpool Street Station|Liverpool Street]] and East Anglia, [[DLR]], Future Eurostar terminal
* '''[[West Ham Station|West Ham]]''' - [[District Line]], [[Hammersmith And City Line]], [[Jubilee Line]], [[c2c]] service to [[Fenchurch Street Station|Fenchurch Street]] and Southend
|== Line 32 ==|
|== Line 35 ==|
- Website: http://www.silverlink-trains.com/
The rail operator Silverlink were originally known, after privatisation, as North London Railways. The line has sometimes been called the Gutter, to go with the Drain (Waterloo and City Line).
The North London Line runs between Richmond and North Woolwich, with a number of incredibly useful connections to other rail and tube lines. Trains are timetabled to run every 15 minutes during weekdays, but there are often delays and cancellations. In the evening, the service stops at around 11:30 p.m. If you want to use this service late into the evening, it is worth checking the timetable, as the last trains do not go beyond Stratford or Willesden Junction. Also, avoid this line at weekends without further research, as there will inevitably be part of the line closed for engineering work, and replaced with a bus service.
The line is often used by goods trains crossing London. Do not be surprised by the sight of a full-length series of freight wagons on this apparently peaceful commuter line.
- Richmond - mainline services (Connex South Central) from Waterloo
- Gunnersbury - District Line
- Willesden Junction - Bakerloo Line, Silverlink services to Euston, Watford and Clapham Junction
- West Hampstead - Jubilee Line, Thameslink
- Finchley Road & Frognal - short walk to Finchley Road Station for Metropolitan Line and Jubilee Line
- Gospel Oak - Silverlink service to Barking
- Highbury & Islington - Victoria Line, WAGN services to Moorgate, Welwyn Garden City and Hertford North.
- Stratford - Central Line, Jubilee Line, Anglia trains to Liverpool Street and East Anglia, DLR, Future Eurostar terminal
- West Ham - District Line, Hammersmith And City Line, Jubilee Line, c2c service to Fenchurch Street and Southend
- Canning Town - Jubilee Line, DLR
- Custom House - DLR
A technical note on 313 units
Apart from on the Barking service, Silverlink Trains make exclusive use of 313s on all their services. The 313 is a versatile unit, capable of being powered both by overhead electric cables via pantograph, or by third rail. It is also small enough to fit in tube tunnels. This capability of switching power pickup is used on the North London Line, as some sections are third rail, and some have overhead cables.
- Richmond to Acton Central: Third rail
- Acton Central to Camden Road: Pantograph
- Camden Road to Hackney Wick: Third rail
- Hackney Wick to North Woolwich: Pantograph
List all versions