Category Vegetarian Food
- The Gate, W6 9QL is a moderately fancy vegetarian restaurant in Hammersmith. Very nice food, good for vegans.
- Manna, Primrose Hill. Like the Gate, an entirely vegetarian restaurant with plenty of choice for vegans, and again very good food. And vegan puddings! Vegan chocolate puddings! This place rocks.
- Mildreds W1F 9AN is an informal, bustling vegetarian restaurant in Soho. Mains are good value, and most can be made vegan. No bookings, so be prepared to queue at peak times. Recommended.
- The Place Below, EC2V 6AU is a vegetarian cafe in the crypt of St Mary Le Bow on Cheapside, famous for doing rather good food. Decent lunchtime choice for vegans, not so great for breakfast. Closed evenings and weekends.
- Plant, W1F 7NB is a "quality fast food" vegetarian takeaway/sandwich shop in Soho, with some very interesting vegan hot dishes, plus salads, sandwiches, etc. It also has a restaurant out the back, but this isn't so special.
- Alara Wholefoods, WC1N 1AB is a vegetarian wholefood shop/cafe near Russell Square Station. Does eat-in or takeaway, good choice for vegans.
See also Vegan Food.
Other useful sites
- Veggie Heaven, London section
- Planet Veggie London restaurants
- Brian & Julie's Vegan London
- Robert's Guide to Organic and Eco-friendly Shopping in London (yes, I know "vegetarian" and "organic/eco-friendly" aren't the same thing, but I found the guide very useful when I was looking for hippie food shops in London --Kake)
- LondonEats vegetarian listings