Russell Square Station
- WC1N 1LJ
Zone 1 Station / Streetmap Link / Journey Planner
Note: This station is small but gets a lot of tourist traffic. Try not to have to buy your ticket here — even outside rush hour you might have a long wait, unless you can use the [ticket machines]?.
Note also that since it has lifts instead of escalators, it will be closed in the event of a firefighters' strike.
|west||Holborn||Russell Square||King's Cross St Pancras||east|
Where To Alight
- Piccadilly Line eastbound: last carriage.
- Piccadilly Line westbound: first carriage.
Where To Get On
- Piccadilly Line westbound: Go to the far right of the platform, which is where the back of the train will be. Firstly, the train is usually less crowded there when it arrives at the platform, and secondly it's away from the platform entrance, so people don't tend to walk down that far.
- None, really.
- There is however a Tesco Express opposite the station entrance.
- Lifts (three), not escalators.
OS X co-ord: 530207 OS Y co-ord: 182122 (Latitude: 51.522504 Longitude: -0.122983)
Last edited 2004-10-07 15:40:35 (version 10; diff). List all versions.