The Open Guide to London: the free London guide - Differences between Version 10 and Version 9 of London Zoo
|Version 10||Version 9|
|== Line 10 ==||== Line 10 ==|
*Reptile house (where Harry Potter is said to have first spoken to a snake, but it's not true. The event with the snake takes place before he goes to London with Hagrid.)
*Reptile house ( where Harry Potter is said to have first spoken to a snake)
|== Line 19 ==|
|== Line 25 ==||== Line 26 ==|
London Zoo, found in Regents Park is perhaps one of the most famous, and the most forgotten zoo in existence. Many Londoners have memories of visiting it as a child, but then don't visit it again until they have children themselves. It was nearly closed some time ago but thankfully is still open to the public.
- Bear mountain,
- A large aquarium,
- Children’s zoo,
- Many big cats in cleverly designed eye ball to eye ball bar less enclosures,
- Penguin pool (voted 15th in the "50 best modern buildings in Britain" by Channel 4/English Heritage
- The elephant house is now devoid of elephants as it doesn’t come up to today’s requirements.
- Nocturnal Animals house which has lighting controlled to make the animals think its night time and worth coming out on show,
- Reptile house ( where Harry Potter is said to have first spoken to a snake)
- Chimps and Gorillas in somewhat cramped quarters.
Besides the website for the zoo here is another website on their "Web of Life" exhibition.
List all versions