Maple Leaf, WC2E 7LJ
- 020 7240 2843
- 41 Maiden Lane (map of this place)
- WC2E 7LJ
- Mon-Sat 1100-2300; Sun 1200-2230
- Nearby tube stops: Covent Garden, Charing Cross
- Nearest bus stops: Strand, Southampton Street (6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 77A, 91, 139, 176)
The Maple Leaf is a reasonably large Canadian pub very close to Covent Garden and the Strand, making it ideal for a meal before going to the theatre.
- Draughts: John Smiths, Kronenbourg, Molson, Fosters, Guinness, Guinness Extra Cold; Scrumpy Jack cider.
- Bottled: Corona, Moosehead, Sleeman's, Molson Canadian and Molson Canadian Ice.
- There is a good selection of wines and of alcopops too.
Substantial menu offering everything from some basic sandwiches, jacket potatoes and wraps up to country beef and ale pie, Hudson bay fish and chips and Canadian-style buffalo wings. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced considering its location; the average dish is around �6 with sandwiches and snacks available from around �3.50-�4.
Service and Ambience
The ambience is very good; the pub is spacious so even when it's busy it's not too crowded. Table service for meals can be slow at weekends if there has been a sudden influx of people but is generally good. The staff are friendly and pleasant.
Mostly table seating in fours, with some sixes and some high tables for twos. Very open plan.