Bushwacker Wholefoods (Hammersmith)
- (020) 8748 2061
- 132 King Street, Hammersmith (map of this place)
- W6 0QU
- Till 6pm on weekdays, closed on Sunday (I think)
Wholefood shop within 5 minutes' walk of the two Hammersmith Tube stations (H&C marginally closer). Plant milks, dried goods, dried seaweed, canned vegan soups and readymeals, lots of cereals, high-cocoa chocolate.
Out the back is:
- a freezer with ready-made curries, vegan icecream in several flavours, tempeh, etc;
- a fridge with vegan cheese, vegan/veggie sausages (try the very long Taifun ones, smoky and nice, good in stew), vegan yogurt, several kinds of tofu prepared in interesting ways, ready-to-eat things like rice parcels, sandwiches priced from £2.50 (prices as of June 2004) and a couple of pre-packed salads;
- a selection of organic vegetables;
- and a shelf of eco-friendly household goods like kitchen towels and washing-up liquid.
Near the tills is another chilled display with vegan and veggie pasties, cakes, and so on.
They also do essential oils and complementary medicine type things, but I (Kake) am not particularly into that so I never notice details.