The basic premise of the pub crawl is to visit a succession of pubs, rather than spending the entire evening or day in a single establishment. London offers an excellent choice of themes for your pub crawl.
- Aidan's London Pub Crawls lists several area-based pub crawls, with maps showing the location of the pubs and interesting historical information on the areas covered.
- In Wheels We Trust organise rickshaw pub crawls. You choose the area of the crawl, and the driver will work out a route. The first beer is on them.
- LONDONcrawlOffers regular, guided pub crawls in London. Runs every Monday and Tuesday night starting at 7pm.
- beerintheevening.com's pub crawl generator will attempt to generate a crawl originating in a particular area. You can choose the number of pubs you want to visit, and the maximum distance between them.
- BarCrawl's pub crawl creator Will generate a google map of a random pub crawl in your selected area or between 2 chosen pubs. Also can create your own, some user created London ones displayed here, such as the London Monopoly crawl
I plan to put together some pre-defined pub crawls, which give a cross section of types of pub and breweries etc. --IvorW
- Belgravia Crawl
- [London Bridge Pub Crawl]?
- London Wall Pub Crawl
- [City of London Pub Crawl]?
- [Shoreditch Pub Crawl]?
Start at a suitable pub on the riverbank, and travel along the bank in one direction, visiting pubs you pass on the way. For example, you could start at the [Old Thameside Inn]?, and take in the Anchor, the Founders Arms, and [Doggett's Coat and Badge]?.
Tube line or bus route crawls
Travel along one of the Tube lines or bus routes, visiting a pub at every stop.
- beerintheevening.com's pub crawl page describes crawls including various parts of the Northern line and the K5 bus route.
- fancyapint.com has the facility to list pubs near a given Tube station
- Circle Line Pub Crawl, done by several people who contribute to the Guide
- beerintheevening.com's pub crawl page has several interesting ideas
- Pubs with Beer Gardens (there are lots of these; it might be a plan to combine this with other criteria)