Hyde Park Corner's counterpart at the northern end of Park Lane. Named for the arch made from Carrara marble, standing in the middle of the junction. The arch was built by [John Nash]? originally to go with Buckingham Palace, but was moved to become an entrance to the park when the palace was extended in 1851.
Cutting across the gyratory is Tyburn Way, a reference to the infamous Tyburn Gallows which are thought to have stood very near here from 1571 to 1759.
Marble Arch and its associated gyratory system and tube station stands at the meeting point of Park Lane, Oxford Street, Bayswater Road and Edgware Road, on the edge of the congestion charge zone. Pedestrians negotiate the gyratory by means of a system of subways, which include connections to a rather dingy public toilet and the tube station. There is also an (expensive) underground car park here.
This page has some detailed history behind the Arch and its creator.
There is an ice rink here during the winter.