- View all pages in Locale Shoreditch
- Postal district: N15
- Local government authority: London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Neighbouring locales: Locale Hoxton (or is that a part of Shoreditch?), [Locale De Beauvoir Town]?, [Locale Haggerston]?, Locale Bethnal Green, Locale Finsbury (?)
- Tube stations: Old Street Station, Liverpool Street Station, Shoreditch Station (until the East London Line Extension kicks in)
An achingly trendy area of inner north-east London; located to the east of Finsbury/King's Cross and the north of the Liverpool Street end of the City, and bounded (very roughly) by the Grand Union Canal to the north, City Road to the west, the [Great Eastern Line]? to the south and Queensbridge Road to the east.
In trend terms, Shoreditch is the new Islington, now that Islington's gone respectable. To be honest, Shoreditch is already passé with anyone who's really cool. And if you don't already know where the new Shoreditch is, well, you're clearly not the sort of person who belongs there.
Shoreditch isn't sure if it's east (and arguably even the East End), northeast or an extension of the City.
- The Shoreditch map - every month, a new, arty (wanky) rendition of the map of Shoreditch. Everywhere should do this!
- Pisspoor film of the same name
Last edited 2006-10-12 16:16:26 (version 10; diff). List all versions.