It's a borough; the London Borough of Hounslow.
A town geographically in the centre of the Borough of Hounslow, has existed since the 13th Century. The name Hounslow derives from the Domesday Book entry of Hundeslawe meaning Hund's hill.
This outer borough of Greater London is on the Thames River and was the site of the first stop on an important coach route to Southampton and Bath. Hounslow town developed on either side of the main Great West Road from London to the West of England, causing a large number of inns to be built to serve the travellers. A few, such as The Bell retain their names, although the buildings have been replaced.
The town has grown rapidly in the latter half of the 20th century due to other travellers. This time due to its connection to Heathrow Airport.
Holy Trinity Church was rebuilt in 1963 after fire destroyed the earlier building in 1943. It stands on the site of a medieval priory.